Wednesday, February 25, 2015

weighing options

Clare,

I do understand. I would stay with my children also. I just wish her surgery could be postponed for a week…
if it's a congenital problem then a week won't make a difference…
but I also understand that you've arranged time off already which will make accommodating the baby much easier during that time…
I'm indecisive.

I hope that we see dolphins this year. I'm not sure we'll have the patience to scan the water's surface the way that you do. Patiently waiting for them to surface.
Did you hear about the 19 manatees that had to be rescued in Florida?
There are good souls in the world.

I spoke to the social work interns today about child abuse and social worker's role in helping to prevent longterm problems. It feels good to educate people about violence prevention. It feels like I'm making a small difference.

I need to get outside and move. I may tie on my walking shoes and go for a walk. It's in the mid-30s, but my heel is still hurting. I've got to decide what is stronger- the urge to move or the pain that will follow. I'm having my heel looked at Friday by an orthopedist. I injured it in mid-January and it still hurts. I've got this scary voice in the back of my head taunting me that it is a metastasis from the cancer…so I will check it out and quiet that voice. I'll let you know how that all works out.

I do remember B#2s hospitalization. I don't remember going camping at the same time. Did he have that more than once? I remember postponing a departure for S#3s boil on her leg- poor thing she was always under fire. I also remember finding her after her dive into the pool, with two cracked front teeth wandering upset, because she was afraid to tell our parents. Forget that she could have been killed or a quadriplegic, she was afraid to report it to the pool staff and afraid to tell our parents. She was always afraid to stand out. One day on our walk to middle school she stepped out in front of a car and was knocked down. Luckily the car was going slowly, and she wasn't seriously hurt, but she refused to have any attention, evaluation…nothing. She continued to school and I don't think she ever told anyone. Talk about isolated and shamed. It makes me so very sad…still.

It's a quiet day here. So I'm going to relax and enjoy that peace.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie








No comments:

Post a Comment