Sunday, February 8, 2015

back again

Clare,

I'm back….
sorry, it's been a hectic week and weekend…
good stuff, but no time for me.

I toy with the idea of Al-ANON…
wondering if it will help me to navigate my way through this time with my sons.
A friend of husband's attends meetings nearby…
he's invited us to come…
one of these days.

I had a great visit with a friend today.
She's living with a progressive lung disease that keeps her tethered to oxygen at all times. we were talking about finding the blessings and lessons in all that life delivers. I hadn't seen her in months, maybe even a year. It was good to see her, looking better than the last time. Each time we were together previously she looked more and more ill. She has been turned down for a lung transplant because of some esophageal complications. One thing she said stopped me for a moment. She told me that she is thankful for this time to say goodbye. She is thankful to be aware of the need to say goodbye and the awareness of how important people are to her. It was so good to hear after a week of talking about social injustice and violence. There is good in people.

We had our Ukranian friend visit this weekend again. She tells me that the current fighting is about 60 miles from her family's home. Her father asked her to not watch TV coverage, he wants her to focus on school. I wonder how threatened they really are feeling.  Hold them in the Light please.

That's all for now,
Love and Light my beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment