Friday, February 13, 2015

no problem

Hi Maggie,

I had to look up hakuna matata. I see it is Swahili for - there's no problem.   I have actually never seen The Lion King.  I tend to avoid all things Disney. Maybe that's part of my search for the unprocessed life!

Do you have any idea why you were in such pain?  Is that common for you?

My friend is very funny...I think you realize that you met her.  Sometimes when she is angry or frustrated, she'll go off on what she is going to say in specific circumstances.  So I mention she might want to think about her goal...maybe she might want to say...and I brainstorm. Suddenly she'll say. "Wait a minute.  Wait, I'm writing this down."

I remember listening to a Quaker healer talk about his journey and his challenges. He started his work with AIDS victims who were rejected by their families - back in the beginning.  He also worked with torture victims from east Europe. He talked about absorbing their trauma, about not being able to escape from it.  Then he realized he washed his hands frequently during the day.  He made a conscious choice to release everything he picked up from his clients and let it flow away with the water.  You might need to find something like that.  The work you are doing now is true and important. You need to protect yourself, or maybe maintain yourself.

I know I have mentioned the book Pronoia.  I would suggest it to your older women client.  It is such a fun book.

I found an article that made me stop and think today:
http://soundmedicine.org/post/childhood-trauma-leads-brains-wired-fear

The sentence that leaped out, grabbed me and shook me a little was:  The brain is a social organ that is shaped by experience...

I never thought about any physical body part being social.  But the combination of words simply struck me as being a new way to perceive myself.

I also remember reading that traumatic experiences affect the thyroid, inhibiting its ability to function correctly.

We are definitely falling into the understanding that our spirits and bodies work together, are really one on many levels.  It means I am more my body that I ever thought. So often I have just considered it as a vehicle to house my real self during this lifetime.  I think maybe I don't love my body enough..

And with that, I'll leave...perchance I'll dream...


Sending love and healing thoughts,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment