Sunday, February 1, 2015

SPICES

Clare,

The observations and ruminations about the commandments are interesting. No wonder Jesus of Nazareth simplified it all…
Love God, Love others as you love yourself…
which presupposes that we love our selves…
Do we?
Do I?

I believe that the young man told me his story as a test…
if he tells me terrible things then I'll lose my belief in him and his abilities.
He asked if I was disappointed in him…
I said I was surprised by his choice…
I said I was proud of his honesty…
I reassured him that he has unlimited potential for good and success.
I want to take him into my home and give him stability…
but, that signals that his extended family is unable to give that to him…
I believe they will take him into their home for a period of time…
he'll misbehave and they'll throw him out…
abandoned again…
a self-fulfilling prophecy…
at least he can trust that.

I am having difficulty with my own boys…
why do I think I can help another young man when my boys a running "amuck"?
My oldest left on Friday…a snow day…and hasn't come back yet.
Yesterday I was in a self-induced panic.
I got a text in the afternoon…
it was from his phone…
but it wasn't his usual text…
mis-spelled, different words…
saying he wouldn't be home until late.
I got a bad feeling…and my mind went wild.
I imagined someone else had his phone and he was hurt…
the "bad guys" were buying time so we wouldn't look for him until this morning.
The phone was turned off, his best friend's phone was turned off.
I imagined the worst.

He is fine…
but has spent the weekend indulging in whatever his bad habits are.
I am worried about him.
He is withdrawing again.
I don't know how to love him.

The answer to the 10 Commandments is the SPICES.
Simplicity
Peace
Integrity
Community
Equality
Stewardship
That's the mature answer…
the inner-guidance for an interconnected nice.

It's time for dinner.
I love you sister.
Thanks for letting me unload here daily.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment