Tuesday, February 10, 2015

More than one right path

Clare,

Will we ever recover? How do we recover?

Those unmet needs are opportunities…
hurtful as they are.
They are opportunities to see another's humanity…
imperfection…
needs…
pain.

I think that recover happens when we recognize the other's humanity.
"They did the best they could, under the circumstances."

I said that to a young, disabled woman last week when she asked me how to forgive her Dad. He abused her physically. He caused traumatic brain injuries multiple times. She desperately wants to the normal. She laughed at me when I said that phrase to her…
"yeah, right…he should've done better".

I told her that that was the key to my forgiveness and healing. If she doesn't want that path, then I'll help her to find another. There is more than one right way to travel these journeys.

I wonder if Mom still has that letter from Aunt T…
I wonder if she'd share it.

It makes me sad to think of S#3 being the most interactive with family and yet the most isolated. I wish she would truly let us in. I see glimpses, mostly when she is desperate for help. When I help her she vows to stay close and then we both get busy with life. I wish she trusted my love.

We all need to trust in love.
We need to trust that we are worthy of love.
We need to find our belonging place.
Then we can really grow.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment