Saturday, February 7, 2015

Me too

Hey Maggie,

Hope all is well in your home...

I had a different kind of day. A close friend has started attending Al-Anon meetings as a way of understanding some of the choices she has made.  So we went to an Al-Anon meeting with her - as support, we had a lunch break, then went to what was called a double winners meeting...those attending identify both as alcoholic and codependent.

And coincidentally, both sessions focused on the same thing. In the first group, we talked about loving detachment.  In the second we read about, then discussed turning our lives over to a higher power.

There is such a relief when you stop  trying to control everything.  You relax, let go and just see what happens.

For me it was reassurance that the work I have been doing in trusting life, in getting into the green chakra and understanding that what needs to happen will happen, no matter how hard I fight....it is all valid. It is important for my growth as a human.

More than anything, though, I got a big dose of Me, too!  I am reminded that many families are in pain.  So many of us are trying to fix things, to make it work out the way we just know it should.

The friend I accompanied and I then spent a few hours talking.   We had time to go deep into our experiences and talk about what they meant, what we learned...I need more of that connection in my life.  And we need each other. This friend was feeling bad about the lack of continuity in her life, about short term relationships. I stopped and pointed out that we have been friends for 11 years.  I am something long-term and continuous in her life.  I think it was good for both of us...

So now big explosions of Aha!! But a nice reassuring dose of Me too!

I love you...missing you...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment