Thursday, February 5, 2015

genocide

Hi Maggie,

Glad to hear you're more rested. 

I'm not.  My youngest dislocated her kneecap, and has been seeing the doctor, and so I have had the baby more than expected.  I am falling behind on my Quakerly responsibilities - my committee work.  And my house is a wreck.  And I'm tired.  But I love my time with this little girl, and so - this will pass...

I have been reading lots of statistics  about vets and suicides, and thinking about some of the hidden costs of wars...

Then when I read what the man said during your talk, about women staying in abusive relationships for financial gain.  I felt again, and felt more viscerally we are part of an ongoing war against women.

I have read that our slow, steady attack against the Indians, the First People here, is truly the most massive genocide ever.  But in reviewing the statistics about murdered and disappeared females through time and around the globe - I wonder if this genocide, the systematic removal of women, is even larger...

And I also go to my thoughts about the caste system, in which we live. If god loves you, you have money. If god does not love you, if you are less worthy, you do not have money.   Consider that women make $ .75  for every $1.00 a man in the same position, with the same education makes - god doesn't love us as much.  Consider that typically, after divorce, the standard of living for the man goes up.. The standard of living for the woman and children falls.

And so they have to dismiss us as money hungry bitches. They have to use shame to keep us in our place.

If they didn't need breeders, they might be tempted to rid the planet of all of us. Sometimes I wonder if that is where infertility research is heading.

Yeah, I'm tired and on a roll!

I loveyou,,,hope you sleep well...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment