Thursday, February 19, 2015

A good day

Clare,

The tamoxifen is a 5 year sentence. I've been told that post-menopausal-ly I will probably switch to another type med…but that has side effects too.

Today was good. I only saw 2 clients, but one was so desperate to talk to someone. She has 2 children, youngest is 5 months and she is so afraid because she doesn't feel bonded with him. She takes care of him, but is so confused about her feelings. We had an intense talk. I have 2 friends who suffered serious postpartum depression, they were hearing voices telling them to hurt their children, were hospitalized and now have great relationships with their children.

I gave a lecture tonight on advocacy. I found myself telling the class that advocacy works best if you bring all sides to the table, get rid of the "us" and "them" and create "we". It was pretty good, definitely  not something I had rehearsed…but it is the only way to create solutions. Not "we" that loses the individuals' priorities and passions…but a collaborating "we".

I'm not sure what to say about the school issues. I just want the older son to finish at this point. But, it looks doubtful with every day that passes.

Happy birthday to your son. Quiet celebrations are the best.
Should we do anything to celebrate S#3's birthday while we are at the beach?

I say this every evening- I'm tired and my mind is not functioning. I think I'll knit.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment