Thursday, February 12, 2015

Too much sadness

Clare,

I used the puzzle quote twice today….
thanks, it came in handy.

I saw some desperately sad people today. I don't know how to make them better.
I tell them that their happiness comes from within first…
letting go of the past traumas…
and then from connections with others.

One of the clients I wish I could take home…
a 15 year old kid who's lived in foster care for more than half of his life.
He is so smart and caring…
and his family of origin just cannot touch him…
they're too broken to offer him connection.
He told me that he doesn't know who to talk to…
to connect with…
he told me that I only see him every two weeks so that's not helpful when he really needs it.
I've asked him to reach out to one person…
test the waters with little things…
build trust…
foster the connection.
I hope he makes it.
I pray that he makes it.

I have a 61 year old woman who wants to know why she lives under a black cloud…
everything turns out badly for her.
She clings to every bad experience that she's ever had…
she wears them like a coat of many colors…
she is aggressive with everyone she meets…
And yet she doesn't see the need to let go of the garbage….
once she opens herself to let go the good will have space to enter…
the problem is that she has been hurt so many times she doesn't trust goodness.

Do any of us trust goodness?
Or are we just lucky when something good happens?
Are we worthy of sharing in the abundance?
I've asked her to start each day with gratitude…
maybe that will help shift her perspective a little.

It's been a long day.
Many people asking for answers that I just don't have.
I need a bath.
Good night beautiful sister.
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment