Monday, February 9, 2015

friends are connections

Clare,

I cannot remember Aunt T's Christmas card…
you've mentioned it before…
what year was that?
I wonder if I was at college and didn't have a chance (or take the opportunity) to look at it.

Yesterday was a day to reinforce connections.
I was reminded repeatedly of old friends and their importance. In addition to the woman at meeting, I went to the grocery store and, in the back corner by the milk, ran into two old friends. One I used to spend a lot of time with when our girls went to parochial school together. The other woman I met when I was in the hospital having baby #3. She had her fourth the day before and we talked as we walked around the halls. A few years later our sons started playing sports and they were almost always on a team together. We spent so many afternoons together at those games.  And then last night a friend mentioned me on social media in a way that reminded us how connected we are- even though we don't see each other the memories are still active was the gist of the post.
It is good. Today my gratitudes were for people in my life- past and present.

We are also having a morning of freezing rain to be followed by snow tonight and tomorrow. We have a snow day and son#1 just woke up and wants to drive 10 miles to his friend's house. It's going to be one of those days.

I texted S#3 last night. Just asking how she is and if she wants to get together. She said she needs the beach time…we all do. I hope she's OK.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment