Wednesday, February 4, 2015

eventually

Clare,

I was on stage last evening…
reading the Vagina Monologues…
it was fun…
it is heartbreaking that it is still necessary.
It is about reclaiming all of ourselves…
private parts and all.
I was so proud to be a part of it.
During the talk back following the readings I spoke of violation, exploitation, disrespect, and societal garbage- like legislators questioning "legitimate rape"…
my daughter's friends said later, "We felt you when you started to speak."
That made me feel great.

Today I gave 2 talks…
the first on climate change and social injustices involved
and the second was on domestic violence.
I once again had the opportunity to speak about violations, exploitation, disrespect, and societal garbage- like women are greedy, they stay to get a big divorce settlement. One of the men in attendance actually said that. I had to carefully compose my answer to that statement. It took a lot of self-control to tell him he was full of stereotypical hatred…
It was actually a very good day.

I love simplicity too…
but it is a challenge for me. I don't think my life is simple…
that testimony challenges me to change…
calls for big choices…
I will get to it…
eventually.

I am exhausted. I worked 10 hours and drove for 2…I need a hot bath and bed.
I just wanted to check in…
read your wisdom and insights…
Thanks for sharing them with me.
Love and Light my beautiful sister,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment