Sunday, February 8, 2015

'tis a gift

Hi Maggie!

So nice to see you again..I missed you here!

That thought about being able to say goodbye...it is important.  It is a gift. I remember when Grammy died. She just died and was gone. I found out because you called me. I remember being shocked, going numb. I had just talked to her that afternoon . She couldn't be gone...right? 

Then I remember the heartfelt Christmas card we got from Aunt. T, who was dying of cancer.  She knew it was her last chance to reach out to the family.  Her card was so touching, her words were so powerful.  She got to spend time with her siblings, with that ultra-awareness that this would be the last time. It is such a gift when you know you need to memorize each moment, the sound of their voice, their laughter...it makes us tender and alive to face death together. It is a gift.

I would recommend Al-Anon. A person I listened to yesterday was facing a similar situation with her son to what you face.  Her story mirrored yours. That was part of discussing loving detachment.

So, it is sleeting.  We are supposed to get a lot of snow topped by and sandwiched with ice. Another lovely winter day!  I am longing for spring.  Seed catalogs are my retreat.  I am garden dreaming...

I had a family day.  It was nice. I interacted with kids and felt needed, wanted, connected.  It was nice... 

Sometimes we get too bus and we forget to connect.

I love you...I am glad we are connected!

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment