Wednesday, February 25, 2015

he taught us well

Hi Maggie,

The timing of my daughter's surgery has more to do with her job.  She has not been there long enough for them to hold her position.  So she agreed to stay for two weeks, while they hire someone new. Then.after her recovery, she should be ready to return at the beginning of May when they normally hire a summer worker.  She likes her job, it has potential.  Her boss likes her - so they came up with this plan.  I was hoping/planning for surgery on March 6.  But the boss asked for another week. So we are tied to March 12. it was confirmed with the surgeon today.

Say hello to the dolphins for me...sing it! And I did see the stories about the manatees.  I wrote for Positive News for many years.  We looked for stories like these. In fact we focused on stories like these. It instilled a good attitude in me!

B#2 was hospitalized numerous times.  It is some of my young memories - waking up and finding Mom was gone. She was at the hospital with the brothers.  B#1 was  hospitalized a few times also - breathing issues.

I remember the day S#3 was hit by the car. I was home, getting everyone off to school.  You called me and told me what happened. I called Mom at work and let her know.  I don't remember who talked to S#3, but I remember she said she tripped in front of the car and the car stopped.  We talked to the driver, and the woman was sure she hit S#3.  You confirmed that, but out little sister stuck to her story.  I remember being worried because of potential damage to her hip, after all she had gone through with her hip problems at birth.

But I understand. I try not to need help.  If I need help, I don't ask.  I try to muscle through on my own...Dad taught us well!

I do believe I read that S#4 is having surgery in May. Do you know why?

I had a committee meeting here tonight.  Now I am thinking about leadings, about being supported in my leading, about supporting others in their leadings.

And it's dream-time...Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment