Thursday, February 5, 2015

Sleep

Clare,

I've had a decent night's sleep so maybe my brain will be more fluid this morning.

I picked my older son up last evening, on my way home. We had an opportunity to talk about this past weekend. Mostly me sharing my imagined scenarios of him being hurt…
I explained that this is what my brain does…
It creates catastrophes from almost nothing.
I explained that this is a common issue with people who've been hurt as children…
they imagine the worst case scenario and then prepare for that.
We've talked about this before.
This weekend, when he disappeared…
went to friends and wouldn't respond to calls or texts…
I explained that I just wanted to hear his voice…
to know he was all right…
safe…
to ease my mind.
I think he understands.
I wish I could control my imagination…
but if I did it would not be creative in it's ramblings and constructs.

My dog had a bad seizure last night. I was up with her for a while. I hate that she has these, but the only way they'll stop is to 'gork' her with meds…
or after she dies…
neither is a good choice…
so I'll sit with her during them and clean her up afterwards.

More snow is on the way this weekend.
I am enjoying the beauty…
I enjoy the peace that comes with snow…
activities shut down…
things get quieter…
life takes a breath.

I hope that you are getting some peaceful rest.
Blessings beautiful sister,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment