Friday, February 13, 2015

Hakuna Matata

Clare,

Good morning. Our school is on a two hour delay so I have 30 minutes to myself.
It's so nice to have a block of peace.
Actually it's been a rough morning…
I woke up at 4:30 with a wicked headache on the left…
neck, shoulder, temple- everything hurt…
my left eye was watering…
I placed 2 salon pas onto the worst areas, made a back roll and tried to go back to sleep.
No luck…
husband got up at 5 and brought me a heating pad and motrin…
5:30 still no relief…
so he did some pressure point release…
I went back to bed and slept until 7…
the headache is much better.

I love the point that your friend acknowledges that you have made her a better person.
You held/hold a piece of her puzzle.
I believe recognizing that in the moment is quite rare.
I'm proud of you.

I think you are right…
the best answer is to just listen…
to see their humanity as it struggles with the present problems through the lenses of their past traumas.
Yesterday I think I just heard more than my share of pain.
From the outside it is so easy and convenient to say…
get over it…
the past is in the past…
hakuna matata.
I think that is the strength that I bring to the counseling room…
I've lived through the trauma…
am wading the swamp…
and am going back in to bring others along.
It sounds like Harriet Tubman…
That makes me smile.
My own micro-underground railroad.

In a month we sisters will be gathered in NC. I am so looking forward to it. Husband is already giving me grief about going. I just smile and tell him that he can book the house any time he wants to. He gets into a funky whenever I'm not home. Next week I have 2 evening lectures and a play…he's complaining that we won't spend time together. I love him, but this drives me crazy.
Anyway, we will have a great time.

Love and Light beautiful sister.
Stay warm,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment