Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Teaching

Clare,

I gave my talk on adverse childhood experiences and their link to health problems later in life last night. It felt good to educate another 20 people on the devastation caused by abuse and neglect. Millions and pillions of dollars to appease the body in disease caused by long-term stress.

I felt really good giving this talk. I felt passionate, but in control. One older man, who comes to almost every talk I've given, told me I'd found my place in the world. He told me that I am meant to teach these subjects that spark me. What a great message. Maybe I am meant to branch out and speak. My piano playing/composing friend often told me that I am meant to share music and stories to teach others how to live. I like the idea, but am not sure how to proceed. I will hold it in the Light.

I convinced most of the people who attended that primary prevention is the only solution. I also convinced them that they can make a difference in a child's life by unconditionally loving them. It was really powerful. It felt gathered by the end.

Today I worked on conference stuff. I've been asked to line up interesting workshops, but we have no money for honorariums. So I have to ask a lot of people to get some to agree. Today I reached out to a transcendental meditation trainer/practitioner and an EMDR trainer (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing). The EMDR has you recall your stories while moving the eyes which opens different pathways in the brain- kind of like awake hypnosis I believe. It's supposed to be great for PTSD. I hope they agree to come to the conference. This best part about this assignment is that I get to create the conference line-up that I would want to attend. I have one of my older daughter's nutritional professors speaking about food addiction and her boss leading yoga as I explain the mind-body-spirit connection and benefits of yoga. I'll keep you posted.

My older son has given up on school, I believe. We are meeting with guidance on Friday to discuss options. I think he's finally come to peace with taking the GED test and moving on. I've spoken to a number of people who are successful through that route. I've explained that he will need to get a job and be productive. He has until Friday to decide between GED and virtual school. I hope he is content with his choice.

I got a text from S#4 today. She is not going to be able to come along in March. She is worried about time off and finances. Next year…
I've had this inkling to ask Mom if she would want to come along. Any thoughts? I'm not sure what is prompting me to these thoughts. I've been putting it off saying that it's sister time. I wonder how much it would shift the interactions? I'm talking myself out of it again. Maybe another time.

The mushrooms conjured up an image in my mind of you growing goodness from the decay of the swamp… I know it's a stump…but it's where my mind went. I like that image.
Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment