Sunday, March 22, 2015

yet another dream

We had a wild day.  S#3 arrived with four kids,  we ended up with three of mine for the night. Chaos ensued.  I really love that the kids are getting to know each other, and hopefully developing a sense of family.  But last night was very child oriented, so I never got to sit down with S#3 and just talk.  She said - next time, no kids!

I did not sleep much last night.  I had a dream I kept going back into.  This seems to be my week for remembering dreams...

I was in the house we lived in when Dad came home from Viet Nam.  Do you remember the little half bath under the stairs in the front hall?  The hall led to the front door.  I opened the door for that bathroom, and instead, there was a stairway that went up.  I noticed it was cold because there were a lot of holes open down into the basement.  I was putting down cardboard and old pieces of carpet to block the air, when one of my sons, who sort of morphed into B#3, noticed a door at the top of the stairs.  He went up and I followed him.  It was a bedroom, sort of, from the 1940s, maybe. There was a big old rotary phone one the wall - the kind you had to use to call the operator, rather than dialing yourself.  It was black.

The walls were green.  There was a big smear of red paint, or maybe blood - but it was a bright color - on the wall.  There were some old toys, a closet with clothes hanging on hangars.

I don't remember much more.  I only went up once.  But I kept checking to see if it was still there.  And I kept reminding myself to remember...remember the room.

I also remember wondering what happened in the 1940s.  And realizing there was no connection to our family, except for the years we lived there.  Dad sold that house back to the people we bought it from. They regretted selling because it had been in their family for some generations.

From - http://www.dreammoods.com/dreamdictionary/r3.htm:
To dream that you find or discover a new room suggests that you are developing new strengths and taking on new roles. You may be growing emotionally. Consider what you find in the discovered room as it may indicate repressed memories, fears, or rejected emotions. Alternatively, such rooms are symbolic of neglected skills or rejected potential.

So, am I developing something new or repressing something old...or maybe uncovering something repressed, so I can develop something new...

Consider what I find in the room - the old telephone - maybe that is my refusal to get a cell phone, keeping me out of the text connections within the family.  Green - the color of the heart. Old toys, old clothes - ways I used to amuse myself or camouflage myself?  

 Hope you are having an interesting weekend!!

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment