Tuesday, March 31, 2015

opened the dam

Clare,

I'm trying to be detached from expectations of specific results. I want my kids to be happy…
but trying not to dictate the path to happiness…
that kind of thing.

I had a scream-fest Sunday evening…
son #1 did almost no school work last week and lied each day…
"yeah I did science today"…
on Thursday I realized he was lying…
but I was hoping he'd come to me to talk about it.
He avoided me all weekend…
9 pm Sunday evening he came home…
and was too far gone to do any work.
Well I cursed and opened the dam that was holding back all of those feelings…
I hurt his feelings, I'm sure.
Husband talked with him…
said he cried.
I feel like a bully.
We talked the next morning…
I apologized and explained the build-up of frustration and knowledge that he was lying…
we have a better understanding now.
I am a bitch at times.

Some good news…
daughter#1 has been accepted into grad school. She is very excited. She was told that the decision would be made after final grades were submitted. So she is off for a Masters.

So, when will all of this celestial influence that is wreaking havoc be over? April 6th I've read.
I need to get back to a more stable place.
I need to be more like me.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment