Sunday, March 8, 2015

daily miracles

Hey Maggie,

How are you? I had a dog that had seizures also - she would have one or two a year.  It was my beloved border collie.  I would sit and hold her and look into her eyes until it was over.  Our vet also recommended phenobarb, but I chose not to do that.  In the end, she died of a seizure, while I was in Cali with my son. A close friend was keeping her and called me...and it was very painful. I always hoped the dog knew I did not abandon her.  I was coming back...

It is amazing how much they mean to us.

My oldest son and his wife have chosen not to pursue the opportunity in the south.  They talked to people who have lived there and decided it was not a good fit for their family. There were educational and cultural factors that weighed heavily on the decision.  But, I think they both realized how much they want to come back east.  And they had a long talk about where they would like to be and the best way to get there.

Holding your oldest in the Light. I hope she ends up exactly where she is supposed to be!

I watched a short video that sparked my mind.  It was of deaf people, who, after receiving an implant, were able to hear for the first time.  There was that perfect moment, when their eyes opened wider, there was a change.  Then some laughed, some froze, some cried.  It was beautiful.  It was amazing.  I started thinking about not being able to use one of our senses, especially when we know others have the sense.  Then I started wondering what we lack that we don't know we lack.

What sense are we in the process of developing. But since we don't have the sense, we have no idea what it is , and I wonder if we'll even recognize it...

Then I started thinking about the emotions of being able to hear for the first time, and the emotions of falling in love.  There is that moment when you truly believe you are loved, you are loveable...

Life is full of little miracles, which are probably just aspects of big miracles.

It also goes back to the dog rescue videos, to that moment of surrender into hope...

I had three grandchildren here last night.  We went outside with squirt bottles full of colored water so we could write in the snow. My little one complained about the cold, a lot.  So we came in and I wrapped her in her fuzzy blanket, and she took a long nap. Her mama picked her up, took her home and she suddenly spiked a fever.  So they called the doctor and had to run to the hospital.  Diagnosis - it's viral, keep an eye on her.  Perfect beginning to the week which will end with surgery!

But, all in all, we're okay!

Hope you are, too

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment