Tuesday, March 24, 2015

not quite okay

Hi Honey,

I'm not okay, but it's nothing to worry about. Sunday evening I started with the digestive bug all you sisters seemed to share.  I wasn't able to eat anything until this afternoon, and now my stomach is roiling. I don't think it is over.

And my youngest had her stitches removed today.  The doc was impressed by how quickly she is healing, but they are making her wear the immobilizer for two more weeks.  She was pretty devastated by that news. And I think her babe is getting two year molars. And the babe can't express herself, and so she is clinging and crying and refusing to sleep. And so Mama can't sleep.  And she is having nightmares when she does sleep. I am wondering about painkillers in her field, her body, in the baby via breastmilk...

The one thing I remember about kids, is that the feel safest with mama, and so they let their behavior breakdown the worst for mama.   It's tough.

I have been blocking myself at work to keep my load as light as possible.  And I canceled a meeting for tomorrow night.  And I told my daughter to send the baby here tomorrow as soon as I am done with work. Then she can sleep all afternoon.

There's just too much going on.

But the crazy dreams continue. Sunday night I would fall asleep and dream I was eating ethnic food. Then I would jerk awake and make a run for the bathroom.  I remember dreaming about Polish food. I woke up and realized the only Polish food I know is pierogies.

Love and hugs from afar...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment