Saturday, March 7, 2015

Not much happening

Clare,

I like the image of the broken-winged bird…
well I don't like it but it fits.
I will send the stress book out on Monday and after you read it you will have a better idea about cortisol.

My dog had another seizure last night, that's 3 in less than 2 weeks. I hate to sit through them with her. But I talk to her and stroke her flailing body…and hope it doesn't go for more than 5 minutes because then I have to use rectal valium…I haven't had to do that yet. When she comes out of it she is incredibly restless…maybe too much epinephrine and cortisol surging to allow her to lay back down and rest. I sleep lightly, afraid she's going to try to go down the stairs…she fell down them one post-seizure. It scared me. Luckily she wasn't hurt. I'm not sure if I'm seeing an increase in frequency…she usually has 2 or 3 in a month, and they generally occur close together. If she has another in the near future I will take her back to the vet. I am concerned because the next step will be phenobarb again and that leaves her 'gorked'.

S#5 is still coming along this week. She seems very excited to go. I am really looking forward to the weekend. I'm so excited, the forecast is for 50 - 60 degree temperatures. Perfect timing. Like you I have not gotten out much this winter. Between the cold and my foot I've hibernated except for work. I am looking forward to long walks without the cold making me wheeze and only a sweatshirt. I still wonder if we should have invited Mom. Maybe I'll ask S#5.

My oldest came home for spring break last night. She had an interview with PSU before she left for an internship. She was so excited because it went very well. It was her first interview. She has another via Skype this week with another program that has a combined internship/masters. I believe it is her first choice for programs so let's hope it goes well.

Not much else happening here today. The news about your son's family is exciting.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment