Sunday, March 29, 2015

goofy

I woke up early this morning, because the sirens were going off in the village. I was suddenly in that place four years ago, when the sirens were my son and his mercy-lift, and the chaos, and not knowing and not getting answers.  And being sent to a wrong room to wait, while my son thought he was alone, he thought no one knew he was there.  He had no idea how many people were in the hospital and waiting at home or on the way - because of him.

It definitely seemed like a story for this week.  A story of resurrection. He is still with us.

I woke up thinking, "I need more time."  I stopped to wonder why,and the answer came:  time to heal. I need time to heal. I'm not sure why I got this message now. I'll think about it.  I am still getting over this week's one-two virus punch.  I also woke up with a bit of a sinus headache. 

We had a good turn out at the dance last night. The band told me our dance is the most fun of all the dances they do.  I am flattered.  The other band we routinely use says the same...I think it's because we have a goofy caller. He loves to get in among the dancers, then sets kids up to do something unexpected, and the dancers respond and join in.

Maybe life just needs a goofy caller in general. Someone who keeps us on our toes, and laughing, and interacting!

I often wish life had a better choral director.  I prefer when life is a musical and we randomly break into song, thus says the sister who made you sing to the ocean last year.  And we sounded beautiful!! We were beautiful!!

Today is a birthday brunch for my grandson,who will be 5 this week. He is so bright and amazing.

I hope you are having the weekend you need to have!

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment