Friday, March 27, 2015

retreat tomorrow

I'm sorry you aren't well. I'm finally starting to feel more human. Although I overslept this morning…I never do that.

My sons made it through another marking period. Both are passing their courses at this point. I think that's a victory of some sort.

My oldest is home for a friend's bridal shower…I cannot believe her friends are getting married and having babies. She still sees it all in the 5 - 10 year plan for herself…but she is definitely grown up now. we went and got pizza tonight, it was fun…just relaxing with a glass of wine and a slice of pizza. I really enjoy spending time with her. My second is doing an interactive prom themed show over the next few weekends, and then a one act play at school in 2 weeks. I haven't seen much of her lately because of rehearsals.

My talk went well. I told students what my agency could do to support them as professionals. It's not a talk that I enjoy giving, but I like to meet people so that is a bonus.

I had a long talk with my boss today. The board hired an new director and none of us feels very secure that our positions are going to be continued. I asked if she knew what will happen when my 6 month contract is finished…
I feel as if I am "Last in First out"…
she said that she expects to be "First in First out" because her salary is highest.
Oh well, I still have my counseling position.
I had a strange week counseling…
people told me their secrets that they've been hiding from me for months…
this time period is doing really strange things to a lot of people. I hope that we all survive it.

I think that I'm undramatic because I was taught to avoid attention…
"You're to bee seen, not heard"
That's one quote that I remember well.
So, if I stay out of drama, let people walk over me, or serve everyone else's needs without addressing my own, then I will be successfully invisible…
or less than noticeable.

Husband and I are going to a Buddhist retreat tomorrow. It's an overview of the practices, beliefs, etc. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll let you know how it goes.

Love and Light beautiful sister,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment