Saturday, January 18, 2014

War?

Sit down.  Breathe.  Trust.  What is the point of this?  Is he declaring his independence?  Is he so desperate to get drunk and/or high that he has to do this?  Is he so desperate to prove he's cool?  Is his peer group still the older kids?

Once you know the point, maybe you'll have a leading for how to react when he gets home tomorrow.  He has, in effect, declared war on your parental authority.  How will you react?  War can escalate, I fear.

I will send love to all of you.  I will pray that you are led to do and say the right thing, to understand what is happening with him to lead him to believe he must create such drama.

Crazy thought - put an ad on the radio looking for him...his friends would hear, maybe...Is he technically a runaway? 

I kind of like wallpaper, sometimes.  This wall paper was neutral, textures rather than patterned.  And I am glad you had   time with S#3, today.  I am envious.

We found, today, that we know Emily's former owners.  We got a story of a woman leaving her husband for another man, and he was so depressed he left the dog outside on a three foot chain for three months.  We knew the marriage ended, but it had to do with domestic violence.  Gossip includes attempted rape.

The husband said he had a right to have his needs met.  She walked.  He may have concocted another man, to explain her leaving.  I have seen other men do that.  It's the only explanation they can think of.  My first thought was - just because you have a penis and a wife does not mean deserve sex.

I got into a dialog today about hurtful words.  Women react to the word cunt.  It means we are lesser, dirty, only good for sex.  I have been feeling the word all day, trying it on, and focusing on what it means to be female in our misogynistic, violent,  rape culture.

It's only a word.  But one day I was walking on the street, and an unknown man spat it at me.  I was afraid.  I was afraid for a long time.  I feared someone who was more powerful than me who publicly identified and named me little and stinky and lesser and rapable.

Holding you in the Light, in a big-sisterly embrace.  I love you, I am here for you...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment