Saturday, January 11, 2014

balancing

Hi Maggie,

My granddaughter tried to put her whole fist in her mouth at dinner tonight - trying to be just like you!  We laughed, and we spoke fondly of you and other talented family members.

You are stuffing, I am eating wheat.  It hurts in the middle of the night, yet I do it...Something is up.

I have been listening to the Carolyn Myss workshop CDs you sent.  I was thinking about the orphan archetype, and how we agree to reject each other before we even get here.  I was wondering if we were all orphans, or at least the oldest seven of us.  We have all left the family religion.  Of the nine of us, I think only S#4 is nominally Catholic.  The rest of us absolutely left.  (Someone referred to it as a fallen away Catholic.  I had to correct that.  I didn't fall.  I walked.)  I was left wondering if anyone felt connected to anyone else in the family.

I have been reading a book about herbal protocol for treating Lyme disease.  I am overwhelmed with the number of microbes that coexist in the human body.  From what I've read, spirochetes - the microbes that cause Lymes - take over the immune system of the body.  I have been thinking about balance.  Have you ever seen the film Koyaanisqatsi?  It means life out of balance.  It is a film based on Hopi prophecy, about what our species is doing to the planet.  I have been thinking that our bodies are as intricate as the Earth.  On Earth scale, we are simply one of the species - although it is not simple.  We are the species causing the imbalance.  I saw something once that said that humans are the only species, where if we disappeared, the Earth would be better, healthier.

Perhaps balance is part of authenticity.

I know someone who has such a severe Candida infection that it almost killed her.  She spent time telling me the whole story.  I tried to present some ideas, thoughts, to her and she immediately adopted a very smug look,  "Another asshole trying to tell me what to do."  In wiping out the Candida, though, she has destroyed the balance.

We need to cooperate, to be in balance.  We need to stop waging war, using war vocabulary when talking about health.

I am tired.  Grandkids here, so it has been a longish day, although it nourishes my soul to have them.  I miss my west coast grandkids so much...

Miss you too,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment