Friday, January 24, 2014

I'm here

I'm here.

I blocked my work schedule for 3 days this week because I was afraid I was going to be sick, so I worked less than usual.  I never got hit as hard as the kids.  But today I have a very full day and finishing up reports took an extra long time.  So everything is late.  And I'm still tired. 

I think sometimes when we are bring hit over and over, we stop thinking about it and analyzing, and simply react.  I don't know, but maybe being exhausted on every level is part of the process.  I just hope you have an easier weekend than last weekend was.

What days do you have in mind in March?  I have to block two months in advance to make sure I have time off.  I'll block the days you are asking for and see what's up.  I would love to spend a weekend with the two of you.  I just hate that I can't afford it myself.  So...what do you have in mind???

The course I am taking in through Coursera.  And it's a course from Wesleyan University.  We started by learning about the commons, about shared resources.  But the tragedy is that people use shared resources selfishly and destroy them.  Therefore we need to have private ownership and governmental control.  I think there's a flaw in the reasoning.  I'm still pulling it apart in my head.  I have to write an essay by Monday.  I should be a little clearer then.

Each week we will consider a different ethical, world problem.  We will deal with poverty, climate change and environmental destruction, disease, women and education.  It's kind of nice having a challenge in the long winter months.  Of course, on the other side, January is generally a very quiet month at work.  We just got an incredibly big contract, though, so this year promises to be busier than ever.

Have fun with your kiddos!  Be calm and peaceful together!

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment