Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sit with it

We must accept it all or reject it all...or as much as we can.  As I accept, I find I uncover more and more of what's there.  But I really respect your observation that you have to sit with all the emotions when going through this rough period with your sons.

I am so afraid to commit to the workshop, although I am interested.  I always think things will be better in the near future, but as events get closer, I am still mired in this situation of no car and weekend babysitting.  I have a feeling I am blocking myself, but I still don't know how to sidestep myself.

I'll get there.  I'll get free!!

I think all of my kids wish they had a father.  My youngest son was able to tell his dad that a lot of his youth was difficult because his father just wasn't there.  He managed to be straightforward and let his dad know he was hurt.  Their relationship has improved since then.  I think my ex had the wisdom to listen and accept what his son said.

For some reason he is not as attached to our middle son or youngest daughter.  He used to be so hurt because his parents played favorites.  Now he does the same.  But he can't see himself or the damage and pain he creates.  There are days when I just want to smack him!  Then I remember I am a pacifist.

It's been years since I worked through the Myss book and identified my archetypes.  I had a notebook full of notes.  It would be interesting to do it again.

I loved your last paragraph.  Our messages are hidden, then teased out by others around us.  That is why we need each other!

Thinking of you on the eve of your birthday.  Thinking about how young and vibrant you are.  Hoping you have a fabulous year ahead!

Love you lots,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment