Thursday, January 16, 2014

Remembery

I understand about the cleansing.  I listened to a Quaker healer once who has done some amazing work.  He was letting the pain draw him in, when he realized he washed his hands between clients.  He started letting the emotion flow down the drain every time he washed his hands.  Now he is able to keep his balance.

I had a dream last night.  I was in the big house we lived in when Dad was in Viet Nam.  I was touring through with a real estate agent.  Although I couldn't see, I knew there were things stored in the closets that have to be cleaned out.  The woman was short, blond, very curt, very unfriendly.  As we got to the front part of the house, and to the door that opened onto the street, I began to be frightened.  I realized I could barely squeeze between the front living room and into the hall to get out the door.  I realized I was very afraid of those front stairs.

Then I sort of stood up, psychologically, looked at the space, and asked if it was okay to hire someone to renovate the front.  I planned to cut it all open and make it easy to get in and out.

I guess I have some lingering terror, etc. that I've gotten deep enough to explore connected to that place, or to that time.  It was such an awful time in such a difficult little town.

Memories...I suddenly remembered the row of weeping willows that draped gracefully our over the sidewalk.  I really loved them.  I also loved the pear tree, and the grapes that had been planted on that fence that divided the yards.  And we had rhubarb in the back corner.  Why am I remembering this?  I remember the town  drunk who used to shamble by every day, and who made a pass at Grandmom once when they were visiting...Something to the effect of, "Hey, Baby..."

I remember lying in the grass and studying clover.  I remember trying to dye cloth with mulberries that grew across the alley, in those collapsed buildings where all the stray cats congregated.

Not sure why I am remembering this.  It's just sort of coming...any ideas?

Love to you and yourn,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment