Friday, January 17, 2014

Memories from the House on Center Street

That's a great dream…
I wonder what the significance of that front entrance is?
I had a recurrent dream when I was young about that stairway and that front door…
I think I've shared it with you before…
The war is going on in our house…at the spot that you are talking about. All of us kids are at the top of those stairs terrified, trying to escape…
One by one each kid took their turn at escape…
each ran or sneaked down those stairs…
each in turn was shot and killed.
I don't know if I was smarter or more cowardly than the rest of you, but I waited until last.
I still don't know if I made it out alive or not.

I remember telling Mom that dream one night when we were in Pittsburgh…
at a restaurant…
She wasn't very comfortable with the images.
But, I told her that what I learned from that dream was to patiently watch how others navigate through difficult times…
and learn from their failures…
or successes if there are any.

I remember the mimosa tree in the front yard…just the pink, spring blossoms…how beautiful they were.
I remember the alley and disheveled buildings but not mulberries…
that's where I found Tinea, my cat.
I also remember how negative that town was.
That nasty chicken processing plant on the other side of the school field/playground.
My only really good memories are my kindergarten teacher…
she made me feel good about my work and my self.
Oh and popping tar bubbles with my toes on the road!

So I did see a client today…
One cancelled and one showed up.
I liked her.
It was good.

I've got to take my youngest to a baseball workout.
Gotta start in the offseason!
Love and Light,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment