Thursday, January 9, 2014

Anxious energy

Clare,

I do believe that connecting with someone makes us more comfortable. When we are left isolated we hurt…emotionally and physically…and then we numb…some take analgesics…some opiates…some alcohol…some have sex with strangers…or eat until they are sick…and the list goes on and on.

I have been stress eating today…ice cream. I shouldn't buy it…but it's here and I just started dipping in. I woke up this morning feeling anxious…but not sure what I am anxious about…I can deal with nervous energy if I know what I am anticipating…this is just a feeling. Classes start next week, I have my first clients next week, both girls are gone next week…maybe all of the above.

I spent my day buried in research about historical social work for an assignment that I have for February's newsletter….classic stress responses from me.

Shit, it's almost 6pm…I really have buried myself today.

I am going to sit and try to find the source of this anxious energy…to sit with the discomfort.
Have a great night…
Light and Love,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment