Wednesday, January 1, 2014

It begins today

Authentic sort of begins today.  We had these left-over yogurt covered pretzels that I got into this morning.  I finally asked my daughter to get rid of them, to put them in her car or something so I couldn't keep picking at them.  I was not hungry, so eating was not an authentic activity. Maybe not off to a perfect start, but I'm off to an aware start!

And so it begins.

I still don't know exactly what it means to be authentic, but I'm willing to explore.

I am worried about your oldest son.  I don't have any advice, just a shoulder and an ear, and lots of love and Light.  But he is really striking out.  There is definitely something scary/painful inside of him.  What is his relationship with his father?

I liked your realization that your family and your daughter's boyfriend's family are each battling a type of cancer - an all-consuming growth is sapping your vitality.  But you are right.  We aren't given more than we can handle.  Has your healer explored any of your past lives, especially with your older son?  That might be eye-opening, and provide a leading.

All I know is that you are wise, and you love those boys passionately.  Love will win in the end.

I am so happy that you turn to me, that I am on the inside.  It makes me feel warm, and like I have a family.  It also helps me realize that some of what mine did as teenagers was difficult, and I can assure you - it passes.  They tend to find themselves and settle down.  Some take longer than others, and we have to worry until that happens!

I had an 'experience' two nights ago.  Grammy sat on the bed, beside me.  She was like she was near the end of her life - short and sweet.  This year I will be the age she was when she had her first heart attack.  I am strongly aware that I have to take better care of myself.  I have not really recovered my lifestyle or activity level since before I broke my wrist.  So I have a job to do - find my strength!

I hope you are having a good day, and that this is the beginning of a magical year...

Lots of love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment