Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Petrified

I do remember the doll…Brigid...always jealous that you had a big doll.
I like the concept that the opposite of Light isn't dark, it's the absence of Light…
I will have to think about that and try to incorporate it into my musings.

So, this morning while I was meditating, I was given a word-
Petrified.

Every once in a while I am given a word to consider, from multiple perspectives, and discern its meaning to my life. This feels like that kind of an assignment. I almost feel like a traitor telling you this, before I have worked through it…but it feels OK to share it so, I will.

I was mulling it over…
Petrification is a process by which something organic is replaced by inorganic substances…
it allows preservation of the form, but at the cost of life.
Petrified also refers to being frightened beyond one's capacity…resulting in a numbness, horror, etc.
Folklore says that petrification can be a punishment for too much merriment as in the Merry Maidens Stones in Cornwall, UK…petrified because they danced on a Sunday.

So, linking this to the "concrete" trauma center that I am dealing with…it seems to me that fear and shame have left parts of me petrified…lifeless.

I was also able to find this reference…maybe the word will help me to understand as well as heal...

Petrified wood is powerful in removing obstacles. Use it to assist in reaching goals that you are having trouble with or to smooth a path for any endeavor that you anticipate will be ridden with difficult barriers.

 (http://crystal-cure.com/petrifiedwood.html)


So this is where my brain is at today. I tried to read and prepare for tomorrow's lecture…I kept thinking of petrified.
I had to blog for work…I kept thinking of petrified.
I love it when this word challenge happens to me.
My last word was inspiration…and I am still working on that one.

Until tomorrow,
Love and Light,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment