Monday, January 6, 2014

Birthday update

Clare,

We all wish we had parents who cared for and about us…
I sat in on my first treatment team today…
it is heartbreaking to hear about how incredibly dysfunctional families are…
how self-centered parents are…
ignoring their kids needs because they have their own gaping holes left from crappy childhoods.
It makes me want to cry…
and yet it makes me come to a better understanding of my/our own experiences.

Today was a good day.
My girls and I got our nails done…
and then we sat around…
I candled their ears…
we had a good time talking.
The boys are home tomorrow…
schools cancelled due to the brutal cold…
they've gone to school 1 and a half day since 12/22. They are bored and need to get out….
but I have plans for tomorrow with 3 trips to a town about 25 miles away.

Oh well, at least the girls are home to keep an eye on their brothers.

Last night we played games…
Son#1 got angry at son#2 because he messed up the Operation board…
he was yelling things that weren't very nice…
son#2 just stood up and sang "and I'll always love you" in his best Whitney Houston voice.
We all stopped and just laughed. It was great.

I got a flying goose for my birthday…
it's a life-sized goose…
carved from wood…
with joints wings that flap up and down…
it was made by a friend's husband locally…pretty cool.

Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment