Monday, January 6, 2014

It's your birthday!

Happy Birthday Little Sister,

I hope the universe is showering you with love and joy.  Are you enjoying your birthday?  Do you usually?  I tend to be embarrassed when made the center of anything.

I am trying to remember birthdays past, and can't remember much of anything.  We seldomly did much for birthdays.  I fell into the same patterns with my kids - low key celebrations.  Usually I couldn't afford too much, so we didn't have a lot of parties, except immediate family with dinner and a cake.

Do you remember any birthdays at all?

My strongest memory is that we took the Christmas tree down on your birthday.  I had planned to do that, but instead, I moved firewood into the house - because tomorrow is going to be cold.  Maybe this weekend...

I used to be friends with someone who celebrated her birthday alone each year.  For her it was a day of introspection, of evaluating the past year.  She has sort of drifted out of my life, like so many others.  But if you were going to evaluate the past year, what would you say were the highlights?  What are the things that stay with you, that you will have to work on this year?

From here, it looked like you tackled another year.  There is nothing passive about you.  You go after what you want.  It always impresses me.  I wonder where you got that - it's not a common trait in our family.  And you are always brave enough to be blunt and honest.  Another strange trait.  The rest of us tend to pussyfoot around the issues. You are definitely the warrior...is that an archetype you recognize and embrace?

Are you ready to face 52?  (Do you have any choice??)  I have found that even years are more balanced in my life than odd years.  I hope the same is true for you!

I leave you with lots of love and admiration.

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment