Thursday, December 12, 2013

Tying up loose ends

I love the thought of decorating the alligator. It's funny when you first mentioned the alligator/mother idea…the first thought that came to mind was Mother Ginger from the Nutcracker…she comes out with a massive hoop skirt from which many children emerge to dance and then hide again at the end of the dance. I am not sure why I put both of them together, but I did.

My youngest says "he loves you".

I visited with friends today…it was really nice to stop in and just talk for about an hour. They are teachers at daughter#2's high school who I worked with for the 4 years she was there. We have visited several times a year since she graduated.

I feel as if I am tying up loose ends as this year comes to a close. I have several phone calls to make tomorrow for things that need to be dealt with before 2014. I had a momentary realization that in 2 weeks I will be 52…that sounds so foreign and difficult to believe…I don't feel that age…not that I know what it 'should' feel like.

I have started to read Entering the Castle by Caroline Myss…it breaks down St. Theresa's analogy of the soul being composed of 7 mansions within the castle. I have started Theresa's book twice before and this book once before and have never gotten past the fourth mansion…it will be interesting to see if I can go further this time.

Tomorrow is my last lecture for the semester…I am talking about child abuse/neglect and health consequences. I also have a final project due from each of the students. They were asked to identify an unhealthy habit (omission or commission), research a healthier alternative and then make a change for 7 days…They have to include research about the habit and the alternative, a journal of the week of change, and a reflection. I love this project…it is great to see how they are empowered to make positive change. Next week I am offering an extra credit final exam…worth enough points to pull them up by 10%/one letter grade if they get them all correct. It is cumulative and long…so only the most motivated will take it…hopefully. Then grades will be submitted and this semester will be history!

Saturday, a friend and I are walking a 10 mile 'Peace' march from Nazareth to Bethlehem. It is an annual event that draws attention to the 'real' meaning of Christmas…"peace on earth, good will to men". The forecast is 25 - 30 degrees with snow throughout the day. We should have fun though, I haven't seen her in months and it will give us plenty of time to catch up. I will let you know how it goes.

I will check in tomorrow…
Love and Light,
Maggie


No comments:

Post a Comment