Monday, December 2, 2013

It's only words...

Hi little sister,

I read an article today asking why we don't talk to adults the way we talk to kids.  It built right on my observations about the way the baby gets treated.  The article quoted some overheard remarks made to children by teachers and parents, then some other adults.  It made a point that we expect the worst from kids, and we take out our frustrations on the little guys.  Of course, that is the essence of bullying.  Someone bigger and with more power making those perceived as weaker, or forced into a weaker role, to feel ashamed, weak, bad, undeserving.  And of course, it comes from the messages chanting unceasingly in the bully's head.

I wondered why we don't talk to adults that way.  And of course, we do.  But, still we talk to people we perceive as weaker - those who serve us.  Again - the bully.

I had one of those overwhelming moments, awareness of the violence even in our day-to-day interactions. People being rude to the waitress.  Others acting like a grocery bagger is stupid.  And I wondered if we could ever be okay.

There so much pain streaming through our species.

But then the baby made me laugh.  And I know there is hope and Light.

I hope you had some spot of joy in your day.

I love you,

Clarfe

No comments:

Post a Comment