Monday, December 16, 2013

Authenticity

I do think that my friend's family is suffering because of the demands of military life…and mid-life…neither is easy to maneuver through…but with support both are survivable.

I like the resolution to an authentic life.
What would that look like?

Eating as close to raw as possible.
Making conscious choices based upon what is best for you as an individual.
Discarding the excess to pare life down to the basics.
Deciding if our activities serve our greatest purpose.
Making our bodies and minds as healthy as possible.
Taking time and expending energy to really communicate with people.
Saying 'No' when we mean no…no more empty commitments or promises and then begrudgingly fulfilling them.
Accepting me…and this life…as it is…no more 'should've, could've, would've'.
Loving as honestly as I am able to.
Feeling emotions wash over me, instead of running as fast as I can to avoid them.
Putting an end to the distractions and chaos that keep me from finishing projects and fulfilling goals.
Opening to the Divine.

That sounds like a pretty good life. Maybe I will make a resolution of authenticity as well.

I got complimented on one of my articles today…I was afraid no one was reading them. My blog has zero followers…but I am hoping that someone will actually begin to read them and then pass them along. Until then I am working on my writing skills, editing out the extra and keeping it active..

Daughter #2 is home for the Holidays…although she will come and go for a play that she is stage managing. Daughter #1 will be home Wednesday evening and then we will decorate our tree. It is coming fast…

Love and Light in these short, short days,
Maggie



No comments:

Post a Comment