Sunday, December 1, 2013

Back to work

Clare,
I hope that you have survived this hectic holiday week. I left the island at 12:30 yesterday and arrived home just after midnight. It was a long day…but I had 3 of my kids and they got along…for the most part. My younger daughter doesn't do well when confined with many people. She melted down a few times…but chocolate usually calms her down.

I had a good week. I found myself getting really caught up in the preparations and making things perfect…to my own detriment. I found that my head was spinning and running at top speed again…I hadn't felt that in a long…I took a good, long time to meditate and walk on Friday to clear and calm myself down. It certainly felt better.

We forgot to launch the paper lanterns…we were taking a Christmas card picture on the beach…and then Son#1 gave Daughter #2 a wedgie…and then it kind of fell apart…so, we will launch them on New Years Eve.

It was good to spend time with my brother-in-law and his wife and kids…our families mesh pretty well. One of their twins and my youngest took a golf cart out at night and got a ticket for running a stop sign…it gave us something to laugh about the rest of the weekend. They have a son who is brilliant…he loves playing scrabble…so we played scrabble…and other board games…it was just fun…no schedules…people doing what made them happy at that moment. We saw dolphins 2 days in front of our house…and a lot of pelicans. On Wednesday the ocean was really rough…big waves crashing continuously…and then Thursday it was calm and clear…that's when the dolphins and pelicans came out to play.

My dog had another seizure last night…she was so excited that we were home…I think that's what triggered it…she hadn't had one since that first time.

I have to get myself back into my daily routine now…2 more weeks of classes…then finals. I have an interview tomorrow at a counseling center…If they hire me, I hope to start there in December, during the semester break so that I can get acclimated before the spring term starts.

Back to work…

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment