Monday, December 16, 2013

Authentically...

I will hold your friends in the Light.  As you said, both are survivable, but sometimes it seems overwhelming, almost unfair, when two hit at once.

You did an excellent job of identifying some aspects of living an authentic life.  You went deeper faster than I did.  I have to think about what you discerned, then add myself to the list.  Besides eating real foods, which I cooked myself using new techniques and recipes to impress myself, I think I have to spend as much time outside as possible.  That is authentic and when I am most authentic.

I have also been thinking of myself as a healer.  That will take a bit more time to describe and accept, but it's an authentic part of who I am, of my gifts.

The ones on your list that will be hard for me include saying No when something is too much for me.  I saw a quote recently that something to the effect that we need to know the difference between boundaries and walls.  I need to think about my boundaries, because I seem to have too much or not enough.  I need to find - just enough!  I do the resentment thing, too.  That's when my inner martyr is leaking toxic radiation into my life.  Gotta stop that!

Accepting me, and knocking off the woulda, shoulda, coulda regret-full life.

Putting an end to the distractions.  That will be hard.  I have a feeling that will be part of this process of peeling back the layers.  As soon as something is cleared up, there's another layer to uncover and remove.

Still not ready for Christmas here.  Oh well, what do we really need?  Not much.  Nothing really.  Everything else is a gift...

Tonight is like the beautifully descriptive line in Twas The Night Before Christmas...

The moon on the breast of the new fallen snow,
Gave the luster of mid-day to objects below...

                                      -Clement Moore


I love it when poetry lives...and on this poetic night, I send love and hugs and best wishes for sweet, sweet dreams,

Clare






















No comments:

Post a Comment