Saturday, December 14, 2013

Not a carol...

We have a new grand-niece as of a few hours ago!

I have been thinking about Christmas carols.  I used to humiliate my child because instead of certain religious names, I would sing, Light. In public.  One song I do love to listen to every Christmas is John McCutcheon's Christmas in the Trenches.  But it's not a Christmas carol.

I always enjoy hearing John and Yoko, So This Is Christmas on the radio.  The media tries to be so white pudding, no-messaged, yet they play songs and miss the chorus...War is over if you want it, war is over now.

But it's not exactly a Christmas carol either.

I will keep listening, keep thinking about it.

I know another thing I like about Christmas.  I like cooking the same foods each year.  Kind of like my appreciation for Thanksgiving!

The wind is howling tonight.  But we are all snug.  My grandchildren have been here all day.  I was told that my little boy woke up, and was ready to head over first thing this morning!  I love that they love being here.  It fills my heart!

Time for sleep.  Hope you are well after an exhausting day in the cold!

Love and hugs,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment