Saturday, December 7, 2013

Long winter's nap

The first thought that comes to mind while reading your post is that we are looking for Christmas in the wrong place.
As with Light and Spirit…we will find the true spirit of Christmas within our hearts…surrounded by the people we most cherish.

I had a talk with son#1 the other night, asking him what his favorite thing about Christmas is…he bluntly told me that he doesn't like it…it has so much hype…and then disappointment sets in…and in the end it is just another day. He does like the sweet rolls and presents though.
I remember that sense of disappointment every year after I found out that Santa was not real…I understood the myth and why everyone perpetuates it…but the mystery was gone…there was no more magic, or beauty to anticipated…just disappointment.

Husband and I went to a Fair Trade sale today…I found a beautiful necklace for someone. We also went to a local art barn…a place that supports local artists…I didn't find anything that struck me as a perfect gift…but it was so beautiful and warm in there.

I came home, took the dogs for a walk and then napped for almost 2 hours…surrounded by my animals…it was great. I felt run down all week so it was a perfect opportunity to catch up.
Unfortunately I haven't fully woken up…still in that groggy type mind-set.

I am tired and have a blank mind…I hope that you are enjoying your weekend…and that all are recovering from your virus…
Until tomorrow,
Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment