Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The news!

While our niece was having a baby last weekend, one of my kids was eloping.  I was watching the kids, to free them for this!  I find I am of two minds.  First, I am happy about this affirmation.  I love them both and I love them together.  So I am happy that they have committed to be a family, and to the family.  But I am also disappointed.  I thought they would stand up against the system and say no to patriarchy...but it was more practical to just get married.  Besides, they have a son and a house, and they have full custody of her daughter.  They are a family.

Oh well, it makes it easier to define who everyone is...She is now my daughter-in-law.

We had beautiful lofty snow flakes falling from a very still sky today.  It was beautiful and Christmassy.  But - the forecast calls for warmer temps, with lots of rain.  I think were up for a muddy Christmas.

My youngest is living with his girlfriend, and they are beginning to establish their patterns as a family.  I don;t think they will be here for Christmas Eve.  Nor will the newlyweds who are hammered getting everything ready for Santa and a family brunch.  Things are changing again.

Hope all is well with you.  Love from...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment