Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Maybe a fave

I listened to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra's Christmas Canon today.  I may like it.  I will listen again, but this may be the carol I choose this year, although it is not a carol.  Are you familiar with the Roche Sisters?  These three women can do the whole Hallelujah Chorus together.  Today when I was listening to the Christmas Canon, I was fantasizing about singing it with you and S#3.

The older I get, the less I believe in evil.  Just as I believe that humans are good and kind and intelligent, unless being violated destroys humanity, I think the same is true for other - energies and beings.  If we know how to interpret, to understand, evil disappears.  I refuse to watch or listen to anything that creates fear, because that feeds the part of self that maintains evil.

Am I making any sense at all???

The friend you counseled is much like our youngest sisters.  They don't understand.  But then it goes a little deeper - they don't want to understand.  They are afraid to leave the comfort zone where we are a happy, normal family.  I hope your friend leaves the comfort zone.  It is uncomfortable, but it leads to life...

I remember when I was younger, I felt stressed, pressured, agonized, excited about the coming of Christmas.  Then something happened.  I'm not sure what.  A memory just sprang to mind.  One year I really wanted an Appalachian dulcimer for Christmas...It was actually a couple of years...I talked to my then-husband about it.  There were even some low cost kits I thought we could work on.  He is a talented woodworker.  I think I got jeans.  Mom called and asked me if I got what I wanted for Christmas.  I said, childishly, "I never get what I want."  Unfortunately my ex overheard, and it hurt his feelings.  Something changed, probably then. I stopped being so childish but I also stopped having expectations - especially for myself.  Now I really don't get too excited as Christmas approaches.  I get done as much as I get done and then get through the day.  But, trying to be authentic, I think there are things I wished I had time to do, and I stuff those down, and ignore them instead of feeling bad.  I am not feeling the bad, so I am missing the good.

I think this will be a big part of being authentic.  Recognizing the trade-offs I create in order to stay placid.

I'm working between Christmas and New Years, and I don't have a car.  I will not be at the family gathering.  I did mention it to my young'uns, but I don't think anyone will make it.  I think we are all working.

Hi ho, hi ho...and with love...

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment