Tuesday, December 10, 2013

a different christmas list

It is OK to hate Christmas…
liking it it isn't imperative to a full life.
But, if you do hate it, consider how to change it to make it hold meaning for you. No one can tell you how to celebrate it or what to believe.
Let's make a list of 5 things that you really like about it…and then build on those.

OK for me this is the list that comes to mind easily:
1. family and friends
2. giving and receiving
3. music- although traditional carols are making me consider my faith this year
4. decorating the tree and house
5. spending time considering what others want/need

I guess the theme of my list is about stepping away from my routine and thinking about life, and others and creating a special time.

Maybe it is that simple.

I had dinner with S#3 last evening. It was a good visit. She talked a lot about her upcoming grandchild's birth. Sometimes I wonder how I would handle the load she carries…she does so with grace and mostly acceptance of what comes her way. We talked and laughed…it was nice.

I am listening to a Quaker CD of quotes put to music…I love this
Our life is love
Our life is peace
Our life is tenderness
And bearing with each other
and forgiving one another 
and not laying accusations one against another 
but praying for each other 
and helping each other up with a tender hand.

Maybe this will be my new, favorite Christmas carol.

Love and Light,
Maggie




No comments:

Post a Comment