Wednesday, December 11, 2013

B*tch session

If we decorate the swamp, I think it would have a reflective floor…
the water would reflect back an unpredictable, but beautiful pattern of lights…
probably very dynamic too if there is a breeze…
it sounds beautiful.
If you are talking about decorating the swamp I think that means you are claiming it and treating it as home…
that's a step towards acceptance and healing…
creating beauty out of the murkiness of the swamp.

I am having an ongoing battle with my boys. It is tiring me out and trying my patience.
Both are trying desperately to grow up, assert their independence…I like that…agree with and understand that.
Both make poor decisions…
instant gratification decisions…
the kind that we regret later.
I try to remain consistent…
and then they accuse me of being too strict and not allowing any fun. I have tried to let them hang out with friends more and now both are doing poorly in school because they don't do their homework…they lie when asked if it's done…
it's just so frustrating…
they have such potential…
but they just want to have fun…
not work or have responsibilities…
not really compatible with a mature life.

My youngest is fighting with me to take MMA lessons…
he thinks it will help him to relieve his aggression…
somehow I think that kicking and punching people will add to his aggression…
I just bought an ATV to get rid of aggression...
not to mention the garbage that he watches on TV. I am so tired of being the "bad guy", but Net-flix has to go.

Sorry I am cranky tonight. I need to go and explain linear equations to my youngest.

Love and Light,
Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment