Sunday, December 29, 2013

A bit more drama

Clare,
Great choices on those TED talks. I, too loved the insight that the opposite of depression isn't happiness, it is vitality. I also enjoyed the schools killing creativity talk.
I am wracking my brain to remember the Uncle that you are describing. How old was I?

So, a little more drama yesterday. We were supposed to visit husband's family's Christmas gathering. Well son#1 refused to get out of bed and dressed to go…which gave son#2 courage to say he couldn't go because of 'diarrhea'. After much discussion son#2 decided to go along and submit to the day of family visitation. As we were walking to the car daughter#2 realized that son#1 was not going and she blew up…tears, shouting about how unfair this family is…she has been dragged to events for 19 years that she didn't want to go to and now he's getting out of something!!!!! It's really quite laughable when you think about how few family events the Delana clan has and the other side stopped gathering regularly when my in-laws died. So anyway to cut through the BS…I stayed home with daughter #2 and son#1. It actually gave me a good opportunity to talk with my son. He denies having experienced any traumas…but describes a pretty blunted view of the world. I think he may be depressed. I thought this last summer before the psychiatrist told him he had ADHD. I let him override my judgement. He agreed to see someone to consider medication, but hated the therapy. I told him that we could seek that out, but once he started meds he might be more open to talking with someone.
I hate medications.
I went to the store and got him a mood stabilizing supplement…all of the B vitamins, plus St Johns wort, and some others. I asked him ego begin that. Also to watch his sleep, exercise and diet to make sure that he is in balance.

I am making dinner tonight…peppers stuffed with rice, apples, onions, raisins and Indian spices and yogurt  sauce, Spiced Lentils and Naan bread…I can't wait until the boys see what I serve them.

Until tomorrow,
Love and Light,
Maggie
PS- still no word from S#3…I tried to text her yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment