Sunday, December 29, 2013

Silver Linings?

So, you had a long, deep talk with D#1 and S#2 earlier this week, and today you got to stay home with the other two.  It seems you have had the gift of some quality time with each.

I talked to S#3 for a while today.  She has had a cold, which has laid her low.  We talked about the family gathering we each missed this weekend.  We both had messages from S#5 letting us know we missed a good time, and mine encouraged me to try to come next year.  I responded that I get very little time off - or more truthfully, if I don't work, I don't get paid.  I stay close to home.  S#3 said she will be meeting you for lunch this week.  I told her I am envious.  I want to come! 

We actually had a good talk about jobs and related stresses, and we laughed a lot at some family foibles.  My youngest was adding comments throughout.  She has the gift of sarcasm.

I had a long talk with a dear friend today, about depression.  I talked about the TED talk, and she mentioned some related one.  She recently changed doctors and had her meds changed.  She developed an allergic reaction and had to go cold turkey on her antidepressants, and take prednisone.  She had a reaction to the cortisone that made her suicidal.  I was frightened for a few days.  And there was nothing I could do but try to keep in touch and hold her in the Light.  I tried to convince her to come stay in our spare room...This breaks my heart because she is one of the kindest, most intelligent people I know.  It hurts to know she is in such pain, and there is no escape.

I presented my question to her - if the people who are depressed had not been violated, who would they be.  We had no answers.

But the pain is so pervasive, and so undeserved.

I have to work tomorrow morning - last day of the year.  I'll check back in here to see how things are with you.

Love from Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment