Wednesday, December 4, 2013

lightness

When you say Presence is the ultimate meaning of life, do you mean in a religious sense of bring in the Light or in that sense of being near/in/around something divine or otherworldly?  Or do you mean developing a Presence, of being strong/solid, almost one with the above attempted description?

I would argue that in my life, when faced with Fate I have suffered because I have refused to step up and honor my soul commitments.  I have a vested interest in staying in the background.  Does it cause suffering to meet Fate and go forward?  Or does one suffer while striving to meet the soul's commitments?  This passage inspires many queries...

It sounded like you had a successful, relaxing Thanksgiving.  It had its wedgied up and down moments, but I sensed joy.  What usually happens at Christmas?  What is the best Christmas memory ever?  I know you used to love the Grinch?  Is that still true?

I'm not very Christian in my approach to this holiday.  I don't think it's an actual birthday.  I think there is something innately human about celebrating the solstices.  Every year we live through the darkening days, it feels more and more depressing.  Then on the darkest day of all, we celebrate the Light.  Every holiday in every culture in the northern hemisphere at this time of year involves candles or fires or lights.  It is as if we pull out every single light, every form of light possible, to call back the light or to prove we believe in the light, to indicate we have not lost hope.  Holding out the Light, holding onto hope...

Christmas.

Unfortunately, we race around too much, we turn on as many lights as possible to block out the darkness.  We stay busy when we should be centering down, finding our center, our source, our Light.  We try to avoid facing the dark by going to WalMart and trampling someone to death over an iPad or a new toaster.

What would a perfect Christmas include for you?  What is most important?  What would you like to feel?

Sending loving thoughts,

Clare

No comments:

Post a Comment