Wednesday, November 13, 2013

ugh, I'm pathetic

I'm in that weepy, pathetic place again.  The place where the days stretch on forever, with no change in sight. Where I do okay, but there's nothing great...just being tired and dragging forward.  Pooooorr me!

I hope I am in transition - that part of birthing when you feel like you just can't stand any more...and then - everything changes.  There's new life.

I love Thanksgiving.  I think it's my favorite holiday.  It's simple and graceful.  We spend the day together, cooking, talking, playing games.  We are not formal, we are simply together.  And I love having a day when we all think about the good things around us, the gifts in our daily life.  Maybe it should be a seasonal holiday!

I like the idea of releasing gratitude to the Universe.  I had a friend who would do something similar for every full moon.  One or two days before the moon was completely full, she would go outside and make a statement of what she wanted to release.  Then she lived "empty" until the full moon.  That night she went out and stated what she wanted in her life.  It is a pretty thing to do.

Hurrah for being ready to send in your article.  Be vulnerable and be open to being edited!  I think that could be good rules for life!  Maybe we should put that on a plaque and sell it!

I thought I was ready to start writing.  I bought an new notebook - always an inspiration for me.  I love all those empty pages just waiting for me.  But now I'm back into the tired/tiring grind and can't figure out when to do it.  Told you I was being pathetic tonight!

We had a little snow last night, so I filled the birdfeeder for the first time.l  I love having them visit, so close to my office window.  And the cat has resumed her favorite perch on that particular windowsill!  When she's not there, she's on the arm of the couch closest to the woodstove.  It's winter!

Off to bed with me. Morning comes really early here.

I love you.  Hope I am more inspired tomorrow.

Clare


No comments:

Post a Comment