Monday, November 25, 2013

Quotes

I spent my afternoon looking at quotes and videos that are meaningful to social work...for my SW blog. I love searching the internet for inspiring messages.

One economist who had done aid work in Africa gave great advice..."Don't help people who don't want to be helped". His thought was that unless people have a passion to change, they won't no matter how hard you push. So, I guess that my personal take-home message is to stop pushing for people to come to my reality...
and just work on myself...
where there is a passion to change.

Another favorite is by Maud Ballington Booth, "I will help you over the rough place, but I will not carry you." I think this speaks to the question we were bouncing around last week about healing through a loving relationship.

This is one more about peace...it speaks to Quaker beliefs.. 
“True peace is not merely the absence of war, it is the presence of justice.” - Jane Addams

So, it is supposed to rain for the next 2 days. We are starting to cook some of the Thanksgiving dishes to pass the time. It should be fun.

I hope that you have a great night.
Love and Light,
Maggie                                                                                                                             

No comments:

Post a Comment